Welcome to CoreBC - an exciting new initiative of the Federation of Community Social Services of BC. The purpose of CoreBC is to establish a hub of knowledge generation and distribution that will assist child, family and community service practice through engaging continual processes of research, inquiry, learning, application and reflection.
CoreBC’s vision is to strengthen the community based social services sector through the development and distribution of practical research and learning about children, youth and families in British Columbia and the promotion of new and innovative practices.
CoreBC’s mission is to:
- Seek partnerships with government, research institutions, foundations and post secondary institutions in the development of new research
- Develop and/or coordinate the development of child and family research that is practical and has a practice enhancement focus
- Involve management and staff of community-based agencies in setting research priorities and in applied research activities
- Develop communities of practice amongst practitioners to advance and share new knowledge
- Leverage new funding and research through creative partnerships and complimentary initiatives
- Seek new mechanisms for knowledge transfer, including web-based opportunities
- Develop national and international alliances in research development and dissemination
Using the menu bar above you will be able to learn about various projects and initiatives currently underway and gain access to a range of communications, reports, articles and resources applicable to child, family and community service practice in BC. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions, concerns or want to become involved with the exciting work CoreBC is doing.